You will notice in the top of my side bar an added a new badge from NO More. This is a campaign to end domestic violence and sexual abuse that I have decided to help spread the word about. You can click the logo and go to their site. I probably don’t need to explain why I would support this but if you need to know; I know more than one person that has been sexually assaulted and read the numbers below:
The information below is a taken directly from the No More website
The next time you’re in a room with 6 people, think about this:
- 1 in 4 women experience violence from their partners in their lifetimes.
- 1 in 3 teens experience sexual or physical abuse or threats from a boyfriend or girlfriend in one year.
- 1 in 6 women are survivors of sexual assault.
- 1 in 5 men have experienced some form of sexual victimization in their lives.
- 1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 men were sexually abused before the age of 18.
These are not numbers.
They’re our mothers, girlfriends, brothers, sisters, children, co-workers and friends.
They’re the person you confide in most at work, the guy you play basketball with, the people in your book club, your poker buddy, your teenager’s best friend – or your teen, herself.
The silence and shame must end for good.
I urge you to go to their site and sign up to receive the FREE toolkit and help to spread the word just as I am. Thank you to Mom Central Consulting for introducing me to this cause and the campaign. Together we can end domestic violence and sexual assault!
Much love to you all…